Tuesday 27 August 2013

Day 97 of Topical Steroid Withdrawal

Didn't mean to let a week go past before updating my blog! I was going to wait until Day 100 of my steroid withdrawal which will be this Friday but I thought that might be a bit too long without a post.

I'm doing pretty well. There haven't been any ill effects from what happened last week and I've been going to work, fulfilling my contracted shifts and then some (an extra half an hour here and there) so I'm hoping and praying that my string of bad luck is letting up and I'm able to have some respite. My skin is still frankly a complete mess, I'm covered in scratches, my legs are scabbed and still suffering from the MRSA but they're a lot better than they were and I've paled quite a lot. My skin is really dry and has loads of shedding to do but that's all part and parcel of the healing process.


 
My ankle keeps scabbing and I keep picking...
 
This only started over the past couple of nights. I've been scratching my thighs and scabbing is the result. Must file my nails again.
 
I have a lot of deep gouges like this. Hello saggy armpit - lol what the hell?!
 
My right arm is a bit of a mess. I look like I've been mauled by a cat!
More of my right arm/hand.
It is feeling easier to tolerate though so fingers crossed! I've had a good few days of relaxing with friends and forgetting about my problems which has been so beneficial to my state of mind. Good times are definitely what I've been needing!
Don't forget Shane's raffle is drawn this weekend, which will be my Day 101 of withdrawal so if you're fairly local why not celebrate with me by purchasing a raffle ticket? Otherwise why not donate £1 or 2. It's for a good cause afterall and will cheer both of us up after our hellish few weeks. Help Shane reach half his pledged total - he's so close now!

3 comments :

  1. It's looking miles better Jen! Fingers crossed this is a sign of things getting better for you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks much much better.Hope it keeps up.Take care, Aoibheann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you're getting to some more bearable phases! It's such a temperamental process and honestly no part of it is good but glad to hear you're getting through the day easier. Big hugs.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete