Wednesday 11 September 2013

Skinny Skin Skin

I've reached another plateau of decent skin. My legs are still pretty horrendous, covered in patchy bright red scabs, but oddly they feel smooth like the rest of my skin so I'm not sure if they're just going to scar instead. It'd be just my luck if they do!

A lifelong aim of mine has been to be able to wear shorts outside sans tights/leggings. Last year I managed to lose a load of weight which made my legs a much better shape and I knew I wouldn't be scared to show them off. This summer however obviously hindered my chances of following through with my little goal because my legs have been riddled with infection and nastiness. This doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon, but now summer is seemingly over here in the UK, there's always next year to try to aim for.

I find it funny that it's only bad on the insides of my legs. The outside is pretty much unscathed. I wonder why it has manifested itself in such a way? Hmm.


(Sorry for rubbish phone pictures!)

Tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 24 years old which sounds scary to me. A lot of people don't realise I am this age so it's a bit of a shock for them too. If you'd like to be nice and celebrate my birthday with me you can donate a little to Shane's 1000km Challenge: http://www.justgiving.com/shanes1000km it'd mean so much to both of us! Alternatively if you don't like the idea of putting your details on Justgiving you can text "RACE55 £2" to 70070.

Oh and I also took a sneaky photo of my hospital file the other day. To put this into perspective, I've only been visiting this hospital since around Jan 2010. It's huge!



Hope everyone is well!!

4 comments :

  1. I've just been through your blog and I'm nearly in tears. I've had eczema my whole life but in 2009, a steroid shot ruined me for 4 years. You're at the exact point I was at about 2-3 years ago. I spent a good year as broken out as you, maybe not even as bad, and it was living hell. If I had to describe hell its self in one way, it would be this. All of your very very brave images remind me of what happened and my heart aches so much seeing you suffer like this. I wish I had been as brave as you and taken photographs, but I couldn't. And I wish I could just fix it for you; I can't stand seeing someone else suffer this way. I wanted to send you a message and let you know, you're not suffering alone. I've been in your place before and being alive and conscious is a challenge in its self with this condition. I'm just STUNNED you have a job (and a boyfriend)! I dropped my whole life when my breakouts got too bad to function. I really do mean it when I say I wish I had your bravery these past few years. I never documented any of it and I regret it so much. Not sure what else to add other than just keep pushing. There is going to be a way out of this. You have my support. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely <3 seeing this comment was a lovely way to start the day :) I'm not sure how I've managed to bag myself a boyfriend either :p he sure is a keeper though! I'm guessing you're now out on the other side of the eczema? How did you manage it? I made this blog so others knew they weren't alone but it's actually good to hear that I'm not alone either. Thanks again :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Yay I'm glad! And you sure did snag a cutie! Hehehe

      I went through a candid a detox program first. This helped clear it about 75%-80%. We then moved on to a doctor near us who is very deep into homeopathic methods mixed with normal western medicine. This is where I'm hesitant to share my success because the detox I'm on now requires lab tests which were REALLY expensive. Basically, I had blood drawn 3 times and different tests were run to find out exactly what I'm sensitive to. Turns out, some of the "good" things I was eating for the candida detox were making me break out (but it was needed to flush my system). Now I know exactly from tests what my body doesn't like. It's a 6 month rotation diet where I avoid all the things I'm sensitive to, and I'm taking strong probiotics to restore my digestive system. It's been a month and a half and my face looks like it did when I was in high school, which is shocking but good to see. I still break out when I sweat but it's worlds away from how bad it used to be.

      Delete
  2. Ouch those leg rashes look deep! Mine are only on the inside of my legs too, so strange. Hope you're having a kinder few days and have an amazing birthday with Shane, you guys are awesome :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete